If you are uncomfortable with your smile due to imperfections, such as discoloration, chips, gaps, or other unsightly flaws that you feel detract your other beautiful features, you are probably looking for a solution that can address them. A person’s smile is a big part of the first impression you make when you meet a person, so make it count and ensure your smile is the best it can possibly be. Porcelain veneers are an effective solution for correcting these minor flaws.
What Are They?
A veneer covers a patient’s tooth to improve its overall appearance. Since no two smiles are alike, each veneer is uniquely created to improve and blend in with a patient’s teeth, for an inconspicuous oral makeover.
Veneers are not just purely aesthetic, however. They can improve the strength and capacity of a tooth as well, making them a beneficial option or anyone who wishes to have a better smile. If you are suffering from certain oral health conditions, such as gum disease or cavities, you will need to have these addressed before moving forward.
What Can Veneers Do to Improve My Smile?
Although veneers cannot correct severe misalignments or flaws that might need more extensive work, they can address many minor to moderate imperfections, including:
- Gaps: If you have gaps between your teeth or your teeth appear to be misshapen, veneers can close the gaps and improve the appearance of any misshapen teeth. Depending on your needs, you can replace one or several teeth with veneers.
- Discoloration: Whitening agents are not for everyone, so if you have dental stains that are not responding to whitening products, consider veneers to restore your smile to a brighter, whiter appearance.
- Crooked teeth: Veneers are not an alternative to orthodontics if your teeth are severely out of place, but they work well for minor misalignments without having to go through the hassle of wearing braces.
- Cracked and chipped teeth: If you have cracked or chipped teeth, this can not only affect the overall look of your smile, but your teeth will be substantially weakened. Restore their strength with veneers, which will cover up the cracks and chips in your teeth.
- Overwhelming gums: If you have an overwhelmingly gummy smile and wish to balance it out, veneers can help you show more teeth. Although this last point is largely more cosmetic than anything else, there is no denying the importance of feeling comfortable with your smile.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Experienced Dental Team Today!
If you are considering veneers to correct any of your smile’s imperfections or flaws, schedule an appointment with the dental team at Biscayne Dental & Facial Aesthetics for the exceptional services you need to ensure you achieve your goals and maintain a smile that is beautiful and healthy. Our team is committed to helping patients feel comfortable with receiving dental work and confident in their smiles. Backed by over two decades of experience, you can rely on us to protect your oral health.
Contact our office today at (305) 224-1138 to schedule an appointment to learn more about veneers and the many other services our trusted dental team provides.