- Posted by agency-it
- On March 23, 2016
- 0 Comments
So most of us want whiter teeth…right? And we’ll do most anything to get it…right? Well now try something new, The White Smile Diet. This diet not only helps you shed a few pounds, but it will also help you keep your teeth whiter. These high fiber fruits and vegetables combined with your own saliva will naturally help whiten your teeth.
Another good tip would be to mix a little lemon with your water. The acids in lemon are a natural cleanser and will help strip away surface stain caused from coffee and tea. Drinking water is especially important after drinking coffee to help dilute the dark staining liquid. Try drinking dark liquids through a straw. This will also keep the liquid from hitting your teeth.
Below is a sample diet you can follow. The fruits and vegetables were specifically selected for their fiber content. If you decide to change it up, try keeping these fruits and veggies to get the most benefit.
White Smile Diet
- 1 cup high fiber cereal (eg: Kashi, Go Lean or Fiber One)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup low fat Kefir or yogurt
- 1-2 cups of water
- 1 apple
White Smile Salad:
- 1 cup spring mix greens, 1/4 pear (sliced), 1/4 apple (sliced), ¼ cup thinly shredded carrots, ¼ cup strawberries.
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 oz grilled chicken breast
- 2 cups of water
½ cucumber (sliced), ½ cup baby carrot
4 oz tuna steak
1 ½ cup Stir-fry:
- 1 cup cauliflower, carrots, and zucchini chopped
- ½ pear, sliced
- 2 tsp peanut oil
1 cup fruit salad
- Raspberries, strawberries, and pineapple
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
2 cups of water
- Throughout the day drink plenty of water or fresh lemonade sweetened with xylitol.
- Brush your teeth after meals and snacks
- Avoid sport drinks, energy drinks, and fitness waters, as well as coffee, dark colored sodas, red wine and dark colored berries (blueberries)
For more information on this you can visit our website at www.biscaynedentalgroup.com. Or better yet, visit us in person at our beautiful new location in Miami, FL. We are located on Biscayne Blvd. between NE 23rd & 24th Street at 350 NE 24 ST. Suite 105 Miami, FL 33137 (see map).
Don’t forget to ask about our FREE WHITENING FOR LIFE special. You don’t want to miss it. Hope to see you soon.